He studied Political Science at Trinity University before pursuing his Juris Doctorate at the University of Houston Law Center. While studying, he participated in multiple competitions as part of the nationally recognized Mock Trial Team and was named the Top Advocate in the National Ethics Trial Competition. He also worked as an associate editor of the Houston Business and Tax Law Journal, where his article was published in 2006. During his second year, he worked as a Judicial Intern for Chief Justice Adele Hedges in the Fourteenth Court of Appeals for the State of Texas before graduating Cum Laude in 2007.
Drew recently was awarded as a Top 40 Under 40 Trial Lawyer in Texas. This distinguished honor is given to only a select group of lawyers for their superior skills and qualifications in their field. Membership in this exclusive organization is by invitation only, and is limited to the top 40 attorneys under the age of 40 in each state or region who have demonstrated leadership and excellence both in and outside of the courtroom, while also achieving outstanding results throughout their careers in either civil plaintiff or criminal defense law.
After gaining his license to practice in 2007, Mr. Woellner joined the Houston office of a large regional law firm, where he successfully defended cases involving personal injury claims, business disputes, and first-party insurance claims. In this role, he gained valuable experience in resolving a large number of insurance disputes, including successfully recovering the highest percentage recovery of any insurer in a multi-million dollar subrogation matter. In his practice, he has successfully argued before trial courts across Texas. In 2014, he decided to put to use the knowledge he gained defending large corporations and insurance companies for individuals who have been harmed by the negligence of others.
Currently, Mr. Woellner is licensed to appear before all state and federal district courts across Texas. In addition to his work at The Potts Law Firm, he has also provided pro bono representation to the Houston Bar Association’s Veteran’s Legal Clinic and represented indigent clients through the Houston Volunteer Lawyers Program.
• U.S. District Court Southern District of Texas
• U.S. District Court Eastern District of Texas
• U.S. District Court Northern District of Texas
• U.S. District Court Western District of Texas
• University of Houston Law Center – JD, cum laude
• Trinity University, BA
Honors and Awards
· 10 Best Labor & Employment Attorney in Texas for Client Satisfaction by the American Institute of Legal Counsel, 2016
· Nominated – Best Lawyers in America for Personal Injury Litigation, 2016
· Nominated – Best Lawyers in America for Product Liability Litigation, 2016
· Top 40 Under 40 Trial Lawyers in Texas by the National Trial Lawyers, 2016
Professional Associations and Memberships
· The State Bar of Texas
· American Association for Justice
· Houston Bar Association
· Texas Trial Lawyers Association
· Houston Trial Lawyers Association