Eminent Domain Division
Blue Rannefeld is a trial lawyer who focuses on eminent domain, and other complex real estate and oil and gas cases. He has substantial experience in real estate valuation, business valuation, environmental, land use, subdivision, leases and oil and gas disputes. Mr. Rannefeld has litigated eminent domain matters throughout Texas, New Mexico, North Dakota, South Dakota, Kansas, and Oklahoma.
Blue Rannefeld is a seasoned litigator with extensive experience representing large corporations and businesses in eminent domain matters. He has also represented numerous clients in complex real estate and oil and gas transactions.
Prior to joining the Potts Law Firm, Mr. Rannefeld represented large Public Corporations and Oil and Gas Companies, and he played an integral role in purchasing thousands of miles of right of way. Over the course of his career, Mr. Rannefeld has been responsible for tens of millions of dollars in eminent domain acquisitions for his clients.
Mr. Rannefeld has also represented owners of commercial property, multi-family residential property, farmland, industrial property, vacant land, and special use property.
Mr. Rannefeld obtained his Bachelor of Arts from Texas Tech University and a Juris Doctorate from Texas A&M School of Law, formerly Texas Wesleyan. Mr. Rannefeld is licensed to practice in all state courts in Texas and the United States District Court.
Blue Rannefeld goal is to provide quality service, personalized attention, creative approaches and a results oriented philosophy in handling client matters.
• Attorney with more than 17 years of legal experience.
• Completed large eminent domain projects in the Texas, Oklahoma and New Mexico and has experience dealing with Bureau of Land Management, Oil Conservation Division, Railroad Commission and New Mexico State Land Offices.
• Extensive litigation with landowners/royalty owners, joint interest owners, contractors, suppliers, customers, for exploration, production use, land, gas sales/processing, and other agreements.
• Drafted, reviewed and/or approved complex contracts across a full range of Real Property and Oil and Gas transactions, including but not limited to the purchase, construction, operations, and sales of oil and gas pipelines.
• Offered general corporate and legal advice on compliance requirements, risk exposures and mitigation in areas such as antitrust, bankruptcy, corporate governance, employment, health, environmental and safety, information technology, procurement, public lands and policy.
• Represent Large Corporate Entities in general commercial litigation against government agencies and other Large Corporate Entities.
EDUCATION AND TRAINING:
• Juris Doctorate, Texas A&M School of Law,
• Bachelor of Arts Degree, Texas Tech University,
• Continuing Legal Education regarding Real Estate, Commercial Litigation, and Eminent Domain.
BAR ADMISSIONS AND PROFESSIONAL AFFILIATIONS:
• Member the State Bar of Texas,
• American Bar Association.
Purchase of approximately 450 miles of right-of-way acquisition in Western Texas and Eastern New Mexico. Tasked with acquiring right of way easements by Eminent Domain. Project required thirty foot permanent easement widths and forty five foot temporary and additional workspaces necessary to construct pipelines. Pipeline right of way acquisition consisted of rural and suburban areas securing all rights to construct and operate the pipelines.
Purchase of approximately 330 miles of right-of-way through eminent domain for a dual circuit 345- kV transmission line, for wind-generated electricity from areas of West Texas. The transmission lines traverse Scurry, Fisher, Jones, Shackelford, Eastland, Erath, Comanche, Bosque, Hill and Navarro Counties of Texas. Project was for Competitive Renewable Energy Zone (CREZ) high-voltage electric transmission facilities within the State of Texas. Experience with the Public Utility Commission of Texas (PUCT) and with the Electric Reliability Council of Texas (ERCOT) and the North American Electric Reliability Corporation (NAERC).