Auto Defect Division
As an attorney at The Potts Law Firm, Eric Jensen practices personal injury law, using his extensive experience in serious personal injury, insurance, employment and consumer class action cases. His was previously a founding partner of O’Reilly Jensen & Preston, LLC, where he gained over twenty years of experience. He has in the last 20 years tried numerous first chair jury cases in State and Federal Court, and had tried several hundred administrative or judge tried cases.
Mr. Jensen earned his Bachelor of Arts in History from William Jewell College, where he participated in the Student Senate. He then studied at the University of Missouri-Kansas City School of Law, winning the Sheridan Appellate Advocacy Award, granted to the top appellate advocate in the law school. He was also named to the Order of Barristers and was selected for the Law Review. Jensen graduated with his Juris Doctor in 1994.
Among his numerous awards, Mr. Jensen was named a Missouri Super Lawyer in 2012 and 2014. In addition to helping clients in courtrooms throughout the state, he also dedicates his time to worthy causes within the community. He was a Board Member for Isabel’s House, an organization that provides help to children whose families are in crisis, working to fight against abuse and neglect. In addition, he served as a member of The Big Brothers Big Sisters of the Ozarks from 2001 to 2007. He currently is a Board Member of the Springfield Metropolitan Bar Association.
- Super Lawyers® Missouri & Kansas (a Thomson Reuters service), 2016
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Missouri Bar Association
- American Association for Justice
- Missouri Association of Trial Attorneys
- Springfield Metropolitan Bar Association
- Board of Directors, 2013 – present
- Member of Federal Practice Committee, 2009
- Presenter Legal Issues in the Workplace, Management Development Institute at Missouri State University, 2014
- Adjunct Faculty – Missouri State University Hospitality Law Class, 2012-2014
- Speaker/Author, Annual Law Update – Employment Law, Missouri Bar Association, 2007-2013
- Topic: Motions to Dismiss and Amendments to the Federal Rules of Civil Procedure, Author/Speaker, Federal Practice Continuing Legal Education Seminar, Springfield Metropolitan Bar Association, 2010
- Author, Missouri Bar Evidence CLE, Chapter 13 Supplement, Missouri Bar Association, 2010
- Subject: Negotiating Separation Agreements, Author/Speaker, Employment Law in Missouri, Sterling Educational Services, 2009
- Author/Speaker, Employment Law for New Lawyers, Missouri Bar CLE for New Lawyers, Missouri Bar Association, 2008
- Presentation at the Sixth Annual Labor and Employment Law Symposium, Author/Speaker, Summary Judgment under the Missouri Human Rights Act, Missouri Bar Assocation, 2007
- Author, Admissibility of of Subsequent Remedial Measures, Insurance Coverage, Settlements, Plea Bargains, and Collateral Payments of Medical Expenses, Missouri Bar CLE Evidence 5th Edition, Missouri Bar Association, 2006
- Author/Speaker, Properly Handling an Employee Complaint in Missouri, Lorman Educational Services, 2003
- Co-Author, “Proof of Damages”, Missouri Products Liability Handbook, Missouri Bar Association, 1996
- Author, When Hired Guns Backfire: The Witness Immunity Doctrine and the Negligent Expert Witness, UMKC Law Review, Vol 62, No.1, 1993