Maryssa Simpson is a trial lawyer and partner in The Potts Law Firm Dallas office. Maryssa grew up in the small town of Bridgeport, Texas and is from a family of trial lawyers. Her background gave her a passion for trial work, and she carries that forward in her practice.
Maryssa graduated from Baylor University and received her law degree from the University of Texas School of Law. During law school, Maryssa was an advocate for a national championship mock trial team and received the International Academy of Trial Lawyers Student Advocacy Award. While at UT, Maryssa also won Best Advocate in the Senior Honors Mock Trial Competition, and was inducted into The Order of Barristers, which recognizes the top 10 advocates from a graduating class of almost 400 attorneys.
Prior to joining The Potts Law Firm, Maryssa worked at a prominent Texas law firm and represented clients in commercial disputes, insurance litigation, transportation litigation and catastrophic personal injury matters.
Maryssa’s experience gives her a comprehensive understanding of the various facets of litigation, which helps her better serve the needs of her clients. She enjoys representing her clients in all aspects of trial law including: motion practice, written discovery, depositions, settlement, hearings and trial. Maryssa has represented her clients before state and federal courts throughout Texas.
On weekends, Maryssa enjoys spending time with family and friends, fly fishing and playing guitar.
- J.D., The University of Texas School of Law, 2013
- B.A., summa cum laude, Baylor University, 2010
- Texas, 2013
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Texas
- Order of the Barristers, 2013
- The International Academy of Trial Lawyers Student Advocacy Award, 2013
- Best Advocate, Strasburger and Price Endowed Senior Honors Mock Trial Competition, 2013
- Champion, John L. Costello National Criminal Law Trial Advocacy Competition, 2013
- Dallas Bar Association
- Dallas Association of Young Lawyers
- 2018 Northern District of Texas Bench Bar Committee
- Texas Law School Dallas Young Alumni Steering Committee
- Women in the Law, 2018 Northern District of Texas Bench Bar Conference
- Use of Metadata in Litigation, 24th Annual Insurance Symposium, March 2017
- Litigation Issues in Surplus Lines Coverage Actions, 22nd Annual Insurance Symposium, March 2015