Patricia L. Campbell
Partner Pharma/Medical Device Division
Patricia Campbell earned her Bachelor of Journalism from the University of Missouri-Columbia School of Journalism, a top-ranked journalism school. While studying there, she repeatedly made the Dean’s List and graduated cum laude and from the Honors College, a program requiring that she maintain a certain GPA and take advanced classes. Following this, she pursued her Juris Doctorate at the University of Missouri-Kansas City School of Law, during which she made the Dean’s List in four of her six semesters, and was ranked the Top Oralist of her class. She also participated as a member of the UMKC National Moot Court Team and worked at the Public Defender’s Office during her studies.
She is licensed to practice law in both Kansas and Missouri, and has appeared pro hac vice in Alabama, Arkansas, Georgia, North Carolina, and West Virginia. In addition, she is licensed to appear before The United States District Court for the District of Kansas and The United States District Court for the Western District of Missouri.
After graduating from law school, Ms. Campbell joined The Potts Law Firm as an Associate Attorney, where she currently focuses on mass torts involving medical device and pharmaceutical liability, as well as pursuing general personal injury and medical practice claims.
Among her successful cases, she completed an appeal to the Missouri Supreme Court, and she has assisted in trying a national mass tort bellwether case related to Kugel Mesh Patches. She recently participated in the Ross T. Roberts Inn of Court program as a Barrister. Her dedication to her field has earned her recognition as a Rising Star by Super Lawyers magazine in 2013, 2014, 2015, and 2016.
Outside of the office, she participates in volunteer activities, including Harvesters, Kansas City’s area food bank, through her church and the Association for Women Lawyers.
- Super Lawyers® Missouri & Kansas Rising Stars, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016
- Best of the Bar, Kansas City Business Journal, 2015, 2016
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Association for Justice
- Section on Toxic Environmental and Pharmaceutical litigation (STEP) Member
- Association for Women Lawyers of Greater Kansas City
- AWL Connections Mentee 2012-2016
- Kansas City Missouri Bar Association
- Social Committee, 2013-2014
- Missouri Association of Trial Attorneys
- New Lawyers Committee, 2012-2014
Speaker, MATA New Lawyers Trial College CLE, March 2012
- Effective Use of Requests for Admission
Speaker, American Association for Justice Annual Meeting, July 2011
- AlloDerm Human Tissue Matrix Litigation Summary and Update
Co-Author, Missouri Bar’s Elder Law Deskbook, Second Edition
- Chapter 13: Nursing Homes Residents’ Rights, 2011; Update to Chapter 13, 2014
Co-Author, Missouri Bar’s Litigation Settlements Deskbook
- Chapter 5 Supplement: Wrongful Death