Stephen Ricks was born in New Orleans, Louisiana and moved to Sugar Land, Texas in 1980. He received his bachelor’s degree in political science from Lamar University in 1988 and, thereafter, attended South Texas College of Law where he received his Juris Doctor in 1993.
Mr. Ricks was a graduate of Leadership Montgomery County Class of 2014 and remains active in the organization. He also served as the Team Lead of the Employment Law Update for The Woodlands Chamber of Commerce in 2014. In the past, he served as a Director of the Amarillo Area Young Lawyers Association in 1999-2000. He also served on the Board of Directors for the Amarillo Area Adult Literacy Council from 1997-2000.
Mr. Ricks has been an avid litigator throughout his career, trying his first case less than one month after receiving his license to practice law. His successful trial experience includes trials in federal and state courts, as well as in binding arbitrations.
Throughout his career, Stephen Ricks’ litigation experience included general civil litigation, personal injury, commercial litigation, construction litigation, insurance disputes, business valuation disputes, and employment law. He currently focuses his practice in the areas of commercial litigation, general civil litigation, and employment law.
- J.D., South Texas College of Law
- B.A., Lamar University
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Texas
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the 5th Circuit
- Montgomery County Bar Association
- Woodlands Bar Association