Micah is the Managing Partner of The Potts Law Firm’s Dallas location and maintains a large docket of civil litigation cases throughout the United States including: catastrophic personal injury, breach of contract, business torts, fraudulent transfer, copyright infringement, financial fraud, insurance policy interpretation, personal injury, products liability and securities class actions.
Raised in the small town of Llano, Texas, Micah was taught the value of hard work, family and community from a young age. He has carried these ideals throughout his life personally and professionally.
While Micah spends much of his time traveling around the country taking depositions and attending hearings, he thrives in a courtroom in front of a jury. Micah served as lead counsel in over 1,000 federal and state court matters. Early in his career, he became a member of the prestigious Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum which is limited to attorneys whose hard work and advocacy resulted in multi-million-dollar verdicts and settlements for their clients. Micah has continued to achieve these results every year thereafter, placing him in the top 1% of U.S. Lawyers that are members of this forum.
When he is not working, Micah enjoys spending time with his friends and family and competing in BBQ Cook-offs with his team, the “BBQ Barristers.” Micah and his wife are dog lovers and donate time and money to helping rescue and treat animals in need.
- J.D., South Texas College of Law, 2005
- B.A., Texas A&M University, 2001
- Texas, 2006
- Oklahoma, 2015
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals 5th Circuit
- U.S. Court of Federal Claims
- U.S. District Court for the District of Colorado
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Texas
- Super Lawyers Texas (a Thomson Reuters service), 2010, 2012-2017
- The Top Trial Lawyers In America® Multi Million Dollar Advocates Forum®
- Adelmira Chavez et al v. Atmos Energy Corporation et al, No. 92375- Ellis County 40th State District Court, 2015. Representation of the Victims of the 2015 Natural Gas Explosion in Waxahachie Texas
- In 2014, Micah was awarded the Fraud “verdict of the year” for his role as lead trial counsel in C.A. No. 4:11-cv-3700; Rodney Tow vs. John H. Speer, in the United States District Court for the Southern District of Texas, which resulted in a return to creditors of millions of dollars in fraudulently taken assets of the Debtor.
- Micah served as class counsel in the ERISA class action Diebold, et al. v. Northern Trust Investments, N.A. et al., 09-Civ-1934 (Diebold), in the United States District Court for the Northern District of Illinois where the Court approved a collective settlement of $36 million dollars for class representatives resulting in millions of dollars returned to investors.