Timothy L. Sifers
Kansas City Managing Partner
Tim Sifers is the Managing Partner of the The Potts Law Firm, LLP’s Kansas City Office. Tim has over 16-years of experience practicing in the litigation arena working on personal injury motor vehicle/trucking litigation, medical malpractice and nursing home litigation, securities litigation, consumer protection class actions and product liability litigation in mass torts on a nationwide level.
Tim graduated from the University of Missouri School of Law in Kansas City. While diligently studying law, he was awarded the American Bar Association National Trial Competition Award and the Order of Barristers for Superior Accomplishment in Trial and Appellate Advocacy.
Tim was born and raised in the Kansas City area and lives there currently with his wife and two boys. Tim manages 6 attorneys locally and dedicates his professional life passionately on behalf of his clients.
Tim is licensed in both Missouri and Kansas. He has also appeared pro hac vice in Illinois, Arkansas, New Jersey, New York, and Pennsylvania.
Mr. Sifers commonly speaks at continuing legal education (CLE) seminars addressing personal injury litigation, consumer protection class actions, and pharmaceutical and medical device mass tort litigation. He has been named a Missouri/Kansas Super Lawyer from 2013 to the present. Tim has also been chosen as the Nation’s Top One Percent by the National Association of Distinguished Counsel. The firm was listed as a first-tier Firm in Missouri’s Best Law Firms as published by U.S. News and World Report.
- Super Lawyers® Missouri & Kansas, 2016
Some of Tim’s local accomplishments either by verdict or settlement are as follows:
- $12,100,000 verdict in Kansas federal court on behalf of a paralyzed minor in a medical malpractice case;
- $3,000,000 verdict on behalf of a nursing home resident in Missouri;
- $3,500,000 settlement for a child in Missouri;
- $2,500,000 settlement for a medical malpractice case in Kansas; and
- $1,500,000 settlement for a medical malpractice case in Missouri on behalf of a Sudanese family.
Tim participated on a national level as class action counsel as follows:
- A billion-dollar class action against AT&T representing clients from Arkansas, New York and New Jersey;
Tim participated in national mass tort litigation as well for the following medical devices and pharmaceuticals including but not limited to:
- Transvaginal mesh litigation working up hundreds of cases and representing thousands of individuals nationwide;
- Kugel mesh litigation;
- Avandia litigation;
- Yaz litigation; and
- Fen-phen litigation.