Environmental and Toxic Exposure Lawsuits
A toxic tort is an injury to a person’s bodily integrity, financial situation or other interest caused by another person’s negligence or carelessness leading to exposure to a toxin or chemical. Many of the effects of toxic exposure are permanent, and often victims are not aware that the medical problems they have experienced are directly related to that toxic exposure. A plaintiff who proves that he or she was exposed to a toxic substance due to the negligence of another person or company is entitled to compensation for all of the consequences related to the exposure, including:
- Reduction in property values;
- Loss of quality of life and ability to enjoy property;
- Abatement of the toxic substance;
- The cost of past and future medical care;
- The cost of necessary rehabilitation;
- Loss of past and future wages;
- Loss of earning capacity and related fringe benefits; and
- Pain and suffering associated with the exposure.
The environmental and toxic exposure attorneys at Potts Law Firm consult with experts in the fields of medicine, industrial hygiene, epidemiology, the environment, rehabilitation, economics and psychology to help determine the cause and long-term effect of injuries from toxins. These experts also provide insight into how to present these complex issues so that a court and jury can intelligently rule in a case. Some of the toxic substances and related injuries that can result in injury include:
- Animal Feeding Operation Waste
- Lead-based paint
- Multiple chemical sensitivity
- Ground water contamination
If you have been adversely affected by environmental toxins, we can assist you in evaluating your case.