Hurricanes Insurance Claim Lawyers
A hurricane is one of the most destructive natural disasters, and the storms cause billions of dollars in damages each year. When a hurricane hits, homeowners depend on their insurance policies to repair their home or business. Unfortunately, many insurance claims are underpaid, delayed, or denied outright. When a property owner is unfairly denied insurance benefits, a bad faith insurance lawsuit is filed to recover losses to a person’s body, property, or other interest caused by a hurricane.
In addition to serious bodily harm, hurricanes can also cause damage property in many different ways. When this happens, policy owners may find themselves in over their heads when it comes to:
- Complex insurance coverage claims, forms, and disputes
- Bad faith claims (when an insurance companies does not operate with good faith and fair dealing)
- Low ball payments by insurance companies (underpayment of recognized and approved claims)
- Structural and foundation repair claims
- Roof damage
- Water damage and toxic mold claims
- Hurricane insurance disputes
Hurricane Damage Facts
- Hurricanes often come with five to ten inches of rain, which can cause flash and major flooding damage.
- Homes near the coast are most susceptible to damage with storm surge heaping pounds of water and air pressure against structures.
- Most damages to a property as a result of a hurricane are generally covered by an insurance policy. This insurance usually covers damage to:
- The main dwelling
- Other structures
- Personal property
- Additional living expenses and/or loss of earnings incurred if all or part of your property is not inhabitable or usable
- Many homeowners policies cover hurricane wind damage, but many do not cover flood damage, both of which are associated with hurricanes.
How A Lawyer Can Help With Your Hurricane Lawsuit
When a home or business is damaged as the result of a hurricane, the property owner has current insurance, and the claim goes underpaid, is delayed, or is denied, an experienced insurance lawyer can help. If you have been adversely affected by a hurricane and want to know your rights as a policyholder, call us toll-free to see how we can assist you in evaluating your case. By filing a hurricane damage claim, you can start recovering from this unexpected disaster.