At The Potts Law Firm, we are not afraid to undertake the most challenging personal injury cases. Our team of experienced personal injury attorneys stand ready to investigate and pursue a wide range of claims from across the country.
At The Potts Law Firm, we are not afraid to undertake the most challenging personal injury cases. Our team of experienced personal injury attorneys stands ready to investigate and pursue a wide range of claims from across the country.
An accident can leave a person in a bleak situation, and they may find themselves facing opposition when seeking compensation for the negligence of another. From traumatic injuries caused by a car crash to work related injuries, we know how to approach every detail of a variety of personal injury matters. With the help of a personal injury attorney, you can start feeling relief in your challenging situation.
The experience you need and the dedication you deserve
Turn to seasoned attorneys to protect you and your loved ones. Get the help you need now.
types of personal injury
claims we handle
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
There are many different kinds of injuries that are handled by personal injury lawyers and some lawyers specialize in certain types of cases. The most common kinds of personal injury claims include the following:
- Traffic accidents involving cars and trucks (which can also include motorcycle accidents and bus collisions)
- Work-related accidents (including those that involve workers’ compensation or workman’s compensation claims)
- Slip and fall accidents
- Injuries suffered as a result of an assault
- Accidents occurring in someone’s home
- Product liability (defective product manufacture or design defects)
- Medical malpractice claims (negligence by doctors, medical staff, dental accidents which can also include injuries to the brain, head, and spine, and to children during child birth)
- Toxic torts or industrial disease claims, such as injuries resulting from asbestos, mesothelioma, lead poisoning, chest related diseases (which includes emphysema, pneumoconiosis, silicosis, chronic bronchitis, asthma, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, and chronic obstructive airways disease)
- Job-related stress disorders (such as deafness, occupational stress, contact dermatitis, and repetitive strain injuries such as carpal tunnel syndrome)
This means that the law firm will work on your case and usually advance the expenses of litigation, but will not charge you unless and until they recover money damages for you.
Yes, most of the time as you’ve just read. There are a few exceptions when a law firm might not pay up-front expenses of a personal injury lawsuit. The first instance is when the case is not very strong but the client still wishes to go ahead with the lawsuit. An attorney may not wish to undertake all the high financial risk of a tenuous case by paying all the up-front expenses and relying only on a contingency fee. Another instance occurs where a reasonable settlement offer is made to the client but the client refuses to accept the offer against the advice of the law firm. If the client wishes to continue to pursue the case in the hope of receiving more money, the client will need to pay for future expenses and may be required to reimburse the law firm for prior expenses.
No, you will not owe the firm/attorney anything if we don’t win your case, this is a gamble that the firm takes and must consider when taking a new case.