Bicycle accident victims generally are more severely injured than their auto accident counterparts, simply because they have little to no protection against the force of the vehicle which struck them.
According to the most recent survey published by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, there has been a 64% increase in cyclists traveling to work from 2000 to 2012. As a result, with all these additional cyclists on the road there has been a substantial increase in bicycle accidents. Specifically, this same study reveals the following statistics:
- Bicyclists accounted for 2% of all traffic deaths and 2% of all crash-related injuries;
- 71% of incidents occurred in urban areas;
- 20% of all incidents occurred between 6 p.m. and 9 p.m.;
- The vast majority of bicyclists killed were male (88%) and the largest number of males injured were between 20 to 24 years old; and
- About one in five bicyclists (21%) killed in crashed had blood alcohol concentrations (BACs) of 0.8 or higher.
Knowing these injuries are severe, insurance companies will typically try to aggressively defend their driver’s actions by alleging that the bicyclist did not have the right of way, crossed a street illegally, contributed to the accident, etc. It is important to get us involved as quickly as possible in order to combat these tactics and prove liability against the Defendant.
Simultaneously, we will ensure you are receiving any and all medical treatment necessary for your injuries. Given your injuries, you may require an extensive amount of treatment. Do not let the amount of the treatment or the costs associated be a barrier to receiving this treatment. Remember, you did not cause this accident. You need to get all the help necessary. We are here to help represent you and be your voice against the Defendant’s insurance company.
Claims We Handle Involving Bicycle Accidents:
- Bodily Injury
- Lost Wages
- Property Damage
- Personal Injury Protection/Medical Payments
- Reimbursement of Out of Pocket Expenses
Please give us a call for a free consultation to discuss your injury claim. We will give you all the time your case deserves, and we will give you an honest assessment of your case and whether we can represent you.