Eric Jensen is an experienced injury attorney at The Potts Law Firm and manages the Springfield, Missouri office. Mr. Jensen practices as a personal injury lawyer in serious injury and death cases. In the last 23 years, he has tried numerous first chair jury cases in State and Federal Court.
Mr. Jensen devotes his practice exclusively to helping victims of auto defects, car accidents, semi-truck accidents, defective products, and other negligence litigation resulting in wrongful death or catastrophic injury. Though he practices throughout the country, he works out of the Potts Law Firm Springfield MO office.
Mr. Jensen earned his Bachelor of Arts in History from William Jewell College. He then studied at the University of Missouri-Kansas City School of Law, winning the Sheridan Appellate Advocacy Award, granted to the top appellate advocate in the law school. He was also named to the Order of Barristers and was selected for the Law Review. Jensen graduated with his Juris Doctor in 1994.
Among his numerous awards, Mr. Jensen was named a Missouri Super Lawyer in products liability in 2012, and from 2014 to the present.
- J.D., University of Missouri-Kansas City
- B.A., William Jewell College
- The Best Lawyers in America©, Best Lawyers®, 2020
- National Academy of Personal Injury Attorneys, Top Ten Personal Injury Attorneys in Kansas, 2018
- National Association of Distinguished Counsel, 2017
- Super Lawyers® Missouri & Kansas (a Thomson Reuters service), 2012, 2014-2017
- University of Missouri- Kansas City, Sheridan Appellate Advocacy Award
- American Association for Justice
- Kansas Bar Association
- Missouri Association of Trial Attorneys
- Missouri Bar Association
- Springfield Metropolitan Bar Association
- Board of Directors, 2013 – present
- Member of Federal Practice Committee, 2009
- Presenter Legal Issues in the Workplace, Management Development Institute at Missouri State University, 2014
- Adjunct Faculty – Missouri State University Hospitality Law Class, 2012-2014
- Speaker/Author, Annual Law Update – Employment Law, Missouri Bar Association, 2007-2013
- Topic: Motions to Dismiss and Amendments to the Federal Rules of Civil Procedure, Author/Speaker, Federal Practice Continuing Legal Education Seminar, Springfield Metropolitan Bar Association, 2010
- Author, Missouri Bar Evidence CLE, Chapter 13 Supplement, Missouri Bar Association, 2010
- Subject: Negotiating Separation Agreements, Author/Speaker, Employment Law in Missouri, Sterling Educational Services, 2009
- Author/Speaker, Employment Law for New Lawyers, Missouri Bar CLE for New Lawyers, Missouri Bar Association, 2008
- Presentation at the Sixth Annual Labor and Employment Law Symposium, Author/Speaker, Summary Judgment under the Missouri Human Rights Act, Missouri Bar Association, 2007
- Author, Admissibility of Subsequent Remedial Measures, Insurance Coverage, Settlements, Plea Bargains, and Collateral Payments of Medical Expenses, Missouri Bar CLE Evidence 5th Edition, Missouri Bar Association, 2006
- Author/Speaker, Properly Handling an Employee Complaint in Missouri, Lorman Educational Services, 2003
- Co-Author, “Proof of Damages”, Missouri Products Liability Handbook, Missouri Bar Association, 1996
- Author, When Hired Guns Backfire: The Witness Immunity Doctrine and the Negligent Expert Witness, UMKC Law Review, Vol 62, No.1, 1993