Timothy L. Sifers is the Managing Partner of The Potts Law Firm, LLP’s Kansas City office and has been with the Firm since 2005. Tim has over 17-years of experience practicing in the litigation arena working on personal injury motor vehicle/trucking litigation, medical malpractice and nursing home litigation, securities litigation, consumer protection class actions and product liability litigation in mass torts on a nationwide level. Tim graduated from the University of Missouri School of Law in Kansas City. While diligently studying law, he was awarded the American Bar Association National Trial Competition Award and the Order of Barristers for Superior Accomplishment in Trial and Appellate Advocacy. Tim was born and raised in the Kansas City area and lives there currently with his wife and two boys. Tim spends his time in both Houston and Kansas City managing the Firm and is licensed in Texas, Missouri and Kansas. He has also appeared pro hac vice in Illinois, Arkansas, New Jersey, New York, and Pennsylvania. Mr. Sifers commonly speaks at continuing legal education (CLE) seminars addressing personal injury litigation, consumer protection class actions, and pharmaceutical and medical device mass tort litigation.
- J.D., University of Missouri-Kansas City
- Lafayette College
- Super Lawyers® Missouri & Kansas (a Thomson Reuters service), 2013-Present
- Plaintiff verdict of $12.1 Million in Kansas federal court on behalf of a paralyzed minor in a medical malpractice case. U.S. District Court for the District of Kansas 06-2411EFM;
- Novogradac vs. Shirshekan – Platte County Circuit Court, 2009. Partner Timothy L Sifers was on the trial team which obtained a $3,022,500 verdict for the estate of a deceased nursing home resident. The defendants appealed the verdict and, after going through the appellate process, the Novogradac estate was awarded the original verdict amount plus interest, totaling $3,581,455. Total fees and expenses of $1,588,482.97. See Novogradac v. Shirsheken 295 S.W. 3d 528;
- $3.5 Million settlement on behalf of a child in Missouri. Total fees and expenses of $1,720,109.49;
- $2.5 Million settlement for a medical malpractice case in Kansas. Total fees and expenses of $1 Million;
- Callen vs. Heartland – Buchanan County Circuit Court, 2006. Derek H. Potts and Timothy L. Sifers obtained a $2,300,000 settlement during trial due to medical malpractice;
- $1.5 Million settlement for a medical malpractice case in Missouri on behalf of a Sudanese family. Total fees and expenses of $642,225.32;
- $1 Million settlement for the death of a man allegedly caused from the ingestion of arousal pills. Total fees and expenses $414,670.80.
Tim participated on a national level as class action counsel as follows:
- In Re: AT&T Mobility Class Action Settlement- Class counsel for consumers in states of New York, New Jersey and Arkansas which participated in a global settlement.
Tim participated in national mass tort litigation as well for the following medical devices and pharmaceuticals including but not limited to:
- Transvaginal mesh litigation working up hundreds of cases and representing thousands of individuals nationwide;
- Kugel mesh litigation;
- Avandia litigation;
- Yaz litigation;
- Fen-phen litigation.