Bentonville Car Accident Attorneys
Fighting to Recover Compensation for Bentonville Car Accident Victims
Have you suffered serious injuries in a car accident that was not your fault? You are likely now wondering how you will cover lost income from missed work or pay for mounting medical bills, especially if your injuries require extensive or ongoing treatment. While it can be easy to feel vulnerable in these situations, you are not alone, and you likely have legal options. If the accident was the result of another person’s negligence, you may be entitled to compensation for your losses.
When seeking damages in the aftermath of a car accident, you need a legal team who is capable of delivering the outcome you deserve. At Potts Law Firm, it’s all about our power and results. With over $1 billion recovered for our clients, our Bentonville car accident lawyers are more than prepared to offer the aggressive, strategic, and responsive representation needed to maximize the value of your personal injury claim. We also recognize the stress, pain, and uncertainty you are experiencing in this difficult moment. Let us worry about the legal process so that you can focus on your recovery. You can rest assured we will do everything possible to favorably resolve your case as quickly as possible.
We frequently handle car accident claims on a contingency basis, so you pay nothing unless we win. Contact us online or call (479) 323-3738 to schedule a free initial consultation. Same-day appointments are available, and we offer our services in English and Spanish.
What Should I Do after a Car Accident in Arkansas?
In the moments after a car accident, you are understandably not thinking about personal injury law or how you will recover compensation for your losses. You are more likely to be focused on ensuring you and everyone else are safe. While you should confirm the safety of everyone involved in the accident and call for an ambulance, if necessary, the reality is that the actions you take at the scene can dramatically impact the outcome of your subsequent personal injury case. There are certain things you must make every effort to do (and not do) to protect your ability to recover damages. Saying the wrong thing or failing to gather crucial evidence could weaken your claim.
After getting into a car accident in Arkansas, you should:
- Call the police. Politely reject any requests made by the other driver to not involve the police. Reporting a vehicular accident to law enforcement in Arkansas is not optional if anyone suffered bodily injuries. When you call the police immediately and ask someone to come to the scene, the responding officer will write an official report that you can use for your personal injury claim.
- Stay quiet. There is nothing wrong with checking on the other driver and their passengers to see if they are okay. However, avoid making any remarks about your condition, even something as innocent as “I’m okay.” Seemingly harmless comments or small talk could be distorted. As a rule, you should keep as quiet as possible until the police arrive, as the other driver may eventually use anything you say against you in court.
- Document the scene. Use your smartphone to take as many photos and videos of the crash as possible. Be sure to cover your injuries, damage to your vehicle, where the collision occurred, and any photographable factors that may have contributed to the accident, such as weather or road conditions.
- Get contact information. Do not leave the scene until you have the name, address, phone number, insurance information, and license information of the other driver. You should also not be afraid to ask for the contact information of any witness whose testimony may be able to help your case.
- Get a medical evaluation. Never shrug off the pain you are feeling after a car accident. Seemingly minor injuries could be more serious than they initially appear, while other conditions may have delayed symptoms or will not be visible to the naked eye. See a medical professional as soon as you can, explain you were in an accident, and ask them to perform a full evaluation. The resulting report will establish the connection between your injuries and the accident, making it an important piece of evidence. Follow any treatment plan your doctor gives you.
- Reach out to Potts Law Firm. It is prudent to discuss your case with an attorney before you engage in any further communications with the other driver (or their representatives). Again, anything you say may be used against you. You should also not accept any settlement offer, even if it seems generous, before getting legal advice. We are ready to assist you and can handle all case communications on your behalf.
Common Causes of Car Accidents in Bentonville, AR
Some crashes are the result of factors and circumstances beyond a driver’s control. Severe weather, unsafe road conditions, or even a catastrophic auto defect can all trigger serious collisions that are not necessarily the fault of either motorist.
Many other crashes occur due to the negligence of a driver. A driver is generally considered negligent if they do something (or fails to do something) that a reasonable person would not do (or would do) in the same or similar circumstances. In practice, any violation of traffic rules or failure to exercise good judgment on the road tends to constitute negligence. Drivers also owe a duty of care to everyone else on the road (including other drivers and pedestrians) when they get behind the wheel, so if they violate this duty of care through careless or reckless conduct, they become liable for the injuries they cause.
Many car accidents in Arkansas happen because of:
- Driving while intoxicated
- Driving while fatigued
- Distracted driving (including texting while driving)
- A failure to signal before turning or changing lanes
- A failure to obey stop signs and traffic signals
- Driving at excessive speeds
If you are not sure whether the other driver’s negligence caused an accident (thereby entitling you to damages), we can help. Our Bentonville car accident attorneys will listen to your story, investigate the circumstances of the crash, and determine whether you have a strong claim.
To learn more about how our team can help you obtain the compensation you deserve, call (479) 323-3738 or contact us online today.
It's All About Your RecoveryHear From Our Past Client's
I had a wonderful experience with this law firm.- Stephen P.
I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend him or any of the team at Potts.- Theo C.
The Potts Law Firm is a powerhouse of brilliant attorneys.- Molly H.
I highly recommend Adam and Potts Law Firm- Mary H.
I would recommend Potts Law Firm for any and all legal matters that come my way in the future!- W. Gary
it's all about your best possible resultExplore our past successes
Trucking Accident $1.05 Million
Potts Law Firm served as lead counsel for the family of Kook Oh who was killed by an 18-wheeler in Alvarado, Texas. Mr. Dortch sued the driver of the 18-wheeler and his employer. Following a week-long jury trial, Micah’s client received a verdict awarding over one million dollars in damages and a finding of punitive liability on the part of each of the defendants. I
Pedestrian Accident $652,000
Potts Law Firm represented a client who was run over by a drunk driver at a truck stop in Missouri. The client, a truck driver at the time, was walking from his parked truck toward the truck stop showers using a clearly marked crosswalk. As he was walking across the crosswalk, a speeding drunk driver ran him over.