Dallas Truck Accident Attorneys
Dallas is a bustling city with a thriving economy, which means there are countless trucks and commercial vehicles on the roads at any given time. While these vehicles are essential for transporting goods and keeping the city moving, they also pose a significant risk to other drivers on the road. Unfortunately, accidents involving trucks are all too common, and they can result in devastating injuries and even fatalities. That's where a truck accident attorney in Dallas comes in.
If you or a loved one has been involved in a truck accident, a skilled and experienced attorney from Potts Law Firm can help you navigate the complex legal process and fight for the compensation you deserve.
Call (214) 238-8572 today to get started on your case.
On This Page:
- What Steps Should I Take Following a Trucking Accident in Dallas?
- How Are Trucking Accidents Different Than Car Accidents?
- Who Can Be Held Liable in a Truck Accident Claim?
- What Compensation Can I Recover with a Truck Accident Claim?
What Steps Should I Take Following a Trucking Accident in Dallas?
If you've been involved in a trucking accident in Dallas, it's essential to take immediate action to protect yourself and your legal rights. Here are the steps you should take:
- Seek medical attention: Your health and safety should be your top priority after an accident. Seek medical attention as soon as possible, even if you don't think you've been seriously injured. Some injuries, such as whiplash or concussions, may not be immediately apparent but can still cause long-term damage if left untreated.
- Contact the police: Call 911 to report the accident and ask for assistance. A police officer will come to the scene and create a report of the accident, which can be valuable evidence in your case.
- Gather information: Collect as much information as possible about the accident, including the name and contact information of the truck driver, any witnesses, and the trucking company. Take photos of the scene and any damage to your vehicle.
- Don't admit fault: It's essential to be careful about what you say after an accident. Don't admit fault or apologize, as this can be used against you in court.
- Contact a Dallas trucking accident attorney: A skilled and experienced attorney can help you navigate the complex legal process and protect your legal rights. They can also help you communicate with insurance companies and negotiate a fair settlement.
By following these steps, you can help protect yourself and ensure that you receive the compensation you deserve.
How Are Trucking Accidents Different Than Car Accidents?
Trucking accidents differ significantly from car accidents in several ways. Here are some of the key differences between the two:
- Severity of Injuries: Trucking accidents typically result in more severe injuries and fatalities than car accidents. Trucks are much larger and heavier than cars, which means that they can cause significant damage and injury in a collision.
- Regulations: Trucking companies and drivers are subject to extensive regulations at the state and federal level, which do not apply to regular car drivers. These regulations govern aspects such as truck maintenance, driver training, and hours of service. If these regulations are violated, it can be used to prove liability in a trucking accident.
- Insurance coverage: Trucking companies are required to carry much higher levels of insurance than regular car drivers due to the potential for serious injuries and damages. This insurance coverage can be used to compensate victims of a trucking accident for medical bills, lost wages, and other damages.
- Investigation: The investigation of a trucking accident is typically more complex and involved than that of a car accident. An experienced trucking accident attorney will often hire accident reconstruction experts and other specialists to help build a strong case for their client.
- Multiple Parties: In a trucking accident, multiple parties may be held liable, including the truck driver, the trucking company, the manufacturer of the truck or its parts, and even the government in some cases.
I had a wonderful experience with this law firm.- Stephen P.
I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend him or any of the team at Potts.- Theo C.
The Potts Law Firm is a powerhouse of brilliant attorneys.- Molly H.
I would recommend Potts Law Firm for any and all legal matters that come my way in the future!- W. Gary
Great law firm!- Hugo G.
Trucking accidents are complex cases, and determining liability can be challenging. Many different parties can be held responsible for a truck accident, including:
- The truck driver: In many cases, the truck driver is responsible for the accident. They may have been driving while fatigued, distracted, or under the influence of drugs or alcohol. They may also have been driving recklessly or violated traffic laws.
- The trucking company: The trucking company can be held liable for an accident if they failed to properly maintain the truck or ensure that their drivers were adequately trained. They may also be responsible for setting unrealistic schedules that encourage drivers to violate federal regulations and drive for extended periods without rest.
- The truck manufacturer: If a defect in the truck or its parts contributed to the accident, the manufacturer could be held liable for damages.
- Other drivers: In some cases, other drivers on the road may have contributed to the accident. For example, a driver who swerves into the truck's lane or cuts off the truck may be partially responsible for the accident.
- Government entities: Poor road conditions or inadequate signage can also contribute to truck accidents. In these cases, government entities responsible for maintaining the roadways may be held liable.
Determining liability in a truck accident claim often requires a thorough investigation and analysis of all the factors that contributed to the accident. If you've been involved in a truck accident in Dallas, contact the experts at Potts Law Firm today.
Commercial Property Dispute $645,000
Potts Law Firm attorneys negotiated a settlement on behalf of a client whose land was taken by a private power line company. The company’s original offer of $430,000 failed to consider the decrease in aesthetic value that the scenic ranch in the Texas Hill Country would incur from the power line installation.
Surgical Negligence $600,000
Potts Law Firm secured a $600,000 settlement for a young woman who was a victim of New Mexico medical malpractice. The woman underwent gallbladder removal surgery; the most common operation in America. The surgeon negligently performed the procedure, allowing bile to spill within the woman’s abdominal cavity before closing her incision.
Wrongful Death of Employee $6.35 Million
Potts Law Firm served as lead counsel for the family of a man who was killed while on the job due to a product failure. After a short time in litigation, Potts Law Firm was able to settle the case and also received a voluntary worldwide recall of the product; ensuring no one else would suffer injuries or death resulting from the failed product in the future.
East Texas Residential Property $454,000
Potts Law Firm attorneys negotiated on behalf of a residential property owner whose East Texas land was taken by the Texas Department of Transportation (TXDOT) to make way for new road construction. TxDOT's original offer of $31,343 did not consider damages that the remaining land would incur from the new road build.
Seat Back Failure Seven-Figure Settlement
Potts Law Firm secured a confidential seven-figure settlement against an automobile manufacturer when the client’s vehicle was struck by another vehicle causing the driver’s seat to collapse backward allowing the client to be thrown into the back seat where she received spinal cord injuries, rendering her a quadriplegic.
Surgical Negligence Confidential Settlement
Potts Law Firm achieved a settlement for a medical malpractice case on behalf of a minor injured during surgery in Kansas.
Defective Airbag Seven-Figure Settlement
Potts Law Firm secured a confidential seven-figure settlement against an automobile manufacturer for the clients when their nine-year-old daughter was killed by the passenger side airbag in this low-energy collision.
Foot Injury $750,000
Potts Law Firm secured a $750,000 settlement for an oil rig worker whose foot was severely injured after being caught in rig tongs. The oil rig company had failed to properly tag out and lock out the tongs after a power outage. When the power returned to the rig, the tongs closed on the worker’s foot, crushing his bones.
Residential Property Roof Damage Substantial Settlement
Partner Andrew A. Woellner was privileged to represent another attorney in his fight against an underpaying insurance carrier. When his home was damaged by hail in Dallas, Texas, the insurance carrier told him that only 3 roof tiles were damaged, and the repair did not exceed the deductible.
Commercial Property Dispute $713,000
Potts Law Firm attorneys negotiated on behalf of a commercial property owner whose land was taken by the Texas Department of Transportation (TXDOT) to make way for new road construction. TxDOT's original offer of $466,396 did not consider other reasonable comparable sales in the area.