Houston Truck Accident Attorneys
If you or a loved one has been involved in a truck accident in Houston, you need an experienced and knowledgeable attorney on your side. Truck accidents can result in serious injuries and damages, and the legal process can be complex and overwhelming.
At Potts Law Firm, we understand the devastating impact a truck accident can have on your life. Our team of skilled attorneys has extensive experience handling truck accident cases and will fight to ensure you receive the compensation you deserve.
We know that every case is unique, which is why we take the time to understand your specific situation and develop a personalized strategy to help you achieve the best possible outcome. We have a proven track record of success representing clients in Houston, and throughout the nation, and are committed to providing compassionate, knowledgeable, and aggressive legal representation.
On This Page:
- What to Do After a Trucking Accident in Houston
- What Are Some of the Common Injuries Sustained in Truck Accidents?
- What Types of Compensation Can Be Recovered After a Truck Accident?
If you have been involved in a truck accident in Houston, don't wait to seek legal help. Contact us today to schedule a free consultation and learn how we can help you.
What to Do After a Trucking Accident in Houston
The moments after a trucking accident can be overwhelming and confusing. It's important to take immediate action to protect yourself and your legal rights.
Here are the steps you should take:
- Seek Medical Attention: Your health and safety should be your top priority after a trucking accident. Even if you don't feel like you've been seriously injured, it's important to seek medical attention as soon as possible. Some injuries, such as concussions and internal injuries, may not show symptoms right away. Additionally, seeking medical attention creates a record of your injuries, which can be important evidence in your case.
- Call the Police: Call 911 and report the accident to the police. The police will create a report of the accident, which can be important evidence in your case. Be sure to provide the police with as much information as possible, including the location of the accident and any injuries.
- Document the Accident Scene: If you are able, take photos and videos of the accident scene, including any damage to your vehicle and the other vehicles involved, as well as any injuries. This evidence can be helpful in proving fault in the accident.
- Exchange Information: Obtain the contact and insurance information of the other driver(s) involved in the accident, as well as any witnesses to the accident.
- Contact a Houston Trucking Accident Attorney: An experienced attorney can help you navigate the legal process and ensure that your rights are protected. They can also help you gather evidence, negotiate with insurance companies, and represent you in court if necessary.
Call (713) 348-9638 today to get stared on your claim.
It's All About Your RecoveryHear From Our Past Client's
I had a wonderful experience with this law firm.- Stephen P.
I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend him or any of the team at Potts.- Theo C.
The Potts Law Firm is a powerhouse of brilliant attorneys.- Molly H.
I highly recommend Adam and Potts Law Firm- Mary H.
I would recommend Potts Law Firm for any and all legal matters that come my way in the future!- W. Gary
What Are Some of the Common Injuries Sustained in Truck Accidents?
Truck accidents can result in a wide range of injuries, some of which can be life-threatening or result in long-term disabilities. The severity of the injuries depends on various factors, such as the speed of the vehicles involved, the size of the truck, and the angle of the impact.
Here are some of the most common injuries sustained in truck accidents:
- Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI): TBI is a type of injury caused by a violent blow or jolt to the head. Truck accidents can result in TBIs, which can cause a range of symptoms such as headaches, dizziness, memory loss, and cognitive impairment.
- Spinal Cord Injuries: The impact of a truck accident can cause spinal cord injuries, which can result in paralysis, loss of sensation, and chronic pain. These injuries can be life-altering and require ongoing medical treatment.
- Internal Injuries: Internal injuries can occur when the body is subjected to sudden and violent movements, such as in a truck accident. These injuries may not be visible on the surface, but they can be life-threatening if left untreated.
- Broken Bones: The force of a truck accident can result in broken bones, which can be painful and require long-term medical treatment.
- Burns: If a truck catches fire after an accident, occupants can suffer from severe burns. Burns can result in disfigurement, scarring, and other long-term complications.
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD): Truck accidents can be traumatic experiences that can result in PTSD. Symptoms of PTSD can include anxiety, depression, and flashbacks.
If you have been involved in a truck accident and have sustained any of these injuries or others, it's important to seek medical attention immediately. You should also consult with an experienced truck accident attorney who can help you understand your legal options and pursue compensation for your injuries.
it's all about your best possible resultExplore our past successes
Transvaginal Mesh Settlements Over $1 Billion
The Potts Law Firm and its joint venture partners have been successful in resolving over $1 billion in transvaginal mesh settlements. Derek H. Potts was one of a handful of plaintiffs’ lawyers from around the country who spearheaded the establishment of what would become the largest medical device MDL consolidations in history.
Kugel Mesh Hernia Patch $184 Million
Derek H. Potts was a member of the Kugel Mesh MDL Plaintiffs Steering Committee which was instrumental in obtaining a $184,000,000 global settlement for several thousand persons who had received the Kugel Mesh hernia patch.
ERISA Class Action Settlement $36 Million
Potts Law Firm served as class counsel in the ERISA class action, Diebold, et al. v. Northern Trust Investments, N.A. et al., 09-Civ-1934 (Diebold), in the United States District Court for the Northern District of Illinois where the Court approved a collective settlement of $36 million dollars for class representatives resulting in millions of dollars returned to investors.
Paraplegic Minor $12 Million
Derek H. Potts and Timothy L. Sifers obtained a $12,100,000 verdict against Lisa Gard, M.D. for medical malpractice involving a minor. The jury found the Salina emergency room doctor to be negligent in her assessment of the minor upon presentation in the emergency room, failing to timely diagnose a rare spinal condition. The case was one of the largest verdicts in history in the State of Kansas.
Fraud Against Lender $10.7 Million
Potts Law Firm represented a United States Bankruptcy Trustee. The case stemmed from the massive bankruptcy of Royce Homes, one of the largest homebuilders in the country. Micah and Chris represented the bankruptcy Trustee against a multitude of defendants, including the chief Lender, for claims related to the homebuilder’s downfall and the fraudulent transfer of assets from the rightful owners, the creditors.
Birth Injury $4.6 Million
Derek H. Potts and Samuel Cullan were members of the plaintiff's trial team which obtained a $4,600,000 verdict for a minor delivered at Bethany Medical Center. Ariana Wilburn, the minor, suffered a spinal cord presentation after being born in the breech position.
Hypoxic-Ischemic Birth Injury $3.5 Million
Partner Adam T. Funk secured a $3,500,000 settlement for a single mother whose infant suffered severe brain damage while being delivered in a New Mexico hospital. The mother, having no previous pregnancy or medical issues, began laboring and immediately went to a hospital. Despite the clear signs of fetal distress and hypoxia (lack of oxygen), the doctor and nurse did not order an emergency cesarean section.
Fraudulent Transfers $2.42 Million
Potts Law Firm represented a Bankruptcy Trustee, resulting in a combined $2.42 million being recovered for creditors of ATP Oil & Gas Company. The claims related to fraudulent transfers of overriding royalty interests in oil & gas properties made by ATP in a failed attempt to liquidate the assets of the company.
Catastrophic Injuries $3.5 Million
Derek H. Potts was co-lead counsel with Thomas Cartmell in representing John Novogradac of Kansas City whose health was neglected during his stay at two nursing home facilities. Mr. Novogradac developed bedsores on his body and had above-knee amputations on both legs after his wounds became severely infected with gangrenous and dead tissue.
Pharmaceutical Birth Defect $1.05 Million
Partner Adam T. Funk secured a $1,050,000 settlement for a mother whose infant suffered birth defects from a pharmaceutical drug that was taken during pregnancy. Though the migraine drug manufacturer knew the medication could cause a fetus to develop a cleft lip and/or cleft palate when consumed by the mother during the early stages of pregnancy, they failed to warn consumers about these dangers.