Little Rock Car Accident Attorneys
Motor Vehicle Accidents in Arkansas
Every year, thousands of people are injured and killed in motor vehicle accidents across Arkansas. All too often, these accidents could have been prevented and occur only because someone was negligent.
If you were injured, or if your loved one tragically passed away due to a car accident, and you believe someone else was to blame, reach out to the team at Potts Law Firm. You could be entitled to compensation for your accident-related damages, and our Little Rock car accident attorneys can help. We represent victims of all types of motor vehicle accidents, aggressively pursuing maximum compensation on their behalf. To date, our firm has recovered more than $1 billion for our clients.
On This Page:
- What Are Some of the Common Causes of Car Accidents?
- What Should I Do After an Accident?
- What Types of Damages Are Available?
- Is Arkansas a No-Fault Car Insurance State?
- How Our Accident Lawyers Can Help
For a free, no-obligation consultation, call (501) 299-9270 or contact us online. Hablamos español.
What Are Some of the Common Causes of Car Accidents in Little Rock?
In order to identify who was at fault for an accident, one must typically determine how the accident occurred. In most cases, the cause of the crash points to who is liable for the victims’ damages.
Some of the most common causes of car accidents include:
- Distracted driving
- Drunk driving
- Failing to yield the right of way
- Violating traffic laws
- Disobeying traffic control devices
- Reckless and aggressive driving
- Fatigued driving
- Making unsafe or illegal turns
- Unlawful passing
- Road rage
Some motor vehicle accidents are caused by other factors, as well, such as low visibility, inclement weather, and unsafe or defective roadways. At Potts Law Firm, we thoroughly investigate claims to determine the true cause of an accident and, most importantly, who is responsible for your damages.
What Should I Do After an Accident in Little Rock?
Being involved in a car accident can be a stressful and overwhelming experience, especially if you are unfamiliar with the procedures that need to be followed afterward. If you find yourself in this situation it's important to know what steps you should take to protect yourself and your rights.
Here are some important things to keep in mind after a car accident in Little Rock:
- Check for injuries: The first thing you should do after a car accident is to check yourself and any passengers in your vehicle for injuries. If anyone is injured, call 911 immediately and wait for emergency services to arrive.
- Move to a safe location: If your vehicle is still drivable, move it to the side of the road or a safe location away from traffic. This will help prevent any further accidents and allow you to exchange information with the other driver(s) involved.
- Exchange information: After making sure everyone is safe, exchange information with the other driver(s) involved in the accident. This includes their name, phone number, address, driver's license number, insurance information, and vehicle information. Be sure to provide your own information as well.
- Document the accident: Take photos of the accident scene, including any damage to your vehicle and any other vehicles involved. This can be helpful later on when filing an insurance claim.
- Contact your insurance company: Notify your insurance company of the accident as soon as possible. They can guide you through the process of filing a claim and may provide you with a list of approved repair shops.
- Seek medical attention: Even if you feel fine after the accident, it's a good idea to seek medical attention. Some injuries may not be immediately apparent, and a medical professional can evaluate you for any injuries that may have occurred.
- Contact an attorney: If you were injured in the accident or if the other driver(s) were at fault, consider contacting an auto accident attorney. They can help protect your rights and ensure you receive the compensation you deserve.
By following these steps, you can protect yourself and your rights after a car accident.
What Types of Damages Are Available in Car Accident Claims?
The exact types of damages you can receive after an auto accident, as well as the overall value of your claim, depend on numerous factors, such as the severity of your injuries, the cost of your medical care, and whether you were partly responsible for the crash.
However, most accident victims are entitled to seek compensation for the following types of car accident damages:
- Past, current, and future medical expenses
- Past, current, and future lost income/wages
- Past, current, and future pain and suffering
- Lost earning ability
- Diminished quality of life
- Permanent disability or disfigurement
- Miscellaneous costs associated with the accident
- Financial loss
Is Arkansas a No-Fault Car Insurance State?
Although some states follow a no-fault car insurance system, which allows accident victims to seek compensation for certain covered losses regardless of fault, Arkansas is not one of them. Instead, Arkansas follows a traditional fault-based system. Under this system, you must prove that someone else was at least partly at fault for the collision in order to pursue compensation for your accident-related damages.
Additionally, Arkansas follows a rule of modified comparative negligence. This means that you can still file a claim if you were partly at fault for the crash. Because the state follows a modified comparative negligence, you must prove that you were less than 50% at fault to file a claim; if you are 50% or more at fault, you cannot file a claim.
You also cannot recover the full amount you are seeking in damages if you are found partly at fault. Instead, your recovery will be reduced by your percentage of fault. So, if you are found to be 30% at fault for the crash, you can only recover up to 70% of the amount you are seeking in compensation.
How Our Accident Lawyers Can Help
By filing a personal injury claim after an auto accident, you can not only seek fair compensation for your losses, but you can also work to ensure the responsible party is held accountable. Our Little Rock car accident attorneys can help you with every aspect of your claim, from gathering critical evidence and communicating with the insurance company to aggressively negotiating for every penny you are owed. If necessary, we are prepared to represent you and your interests in court.
Reach us online using our secure contact form, or call our office directly at (501) 299-9270 for a free consultation. Hablamos español.
I had a wonderful experience with this law firm.- Stephen P.
I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend him or any of the team at Potts.- Theo C.
The Potts Law Firm is a powerhouse of brilliant attorneys.- Molly H.
I would recommend Potts Law Firm for any and all legal matters that come my way in the future!- W. Gary
Great law firm!- Hugo G.
Trucking Accident $1.05 Million
Potts Law Firm served as lead counsel for the family of Kook Oh who was killed by an 18-wheeler in Alvarado, Texas. Mr. Dortch sued the driver of the 18-wheeler and his employer. Following a week-long jury trial, Micah’s client received a verdict awarding over one million dollars in damages and a finding of punitive liability on the part of each of the defendants. I
Pedestrian Accident $652,000
Potts Law Firm represented a client who was run over by a drunk driver at a truck stop in Missouri. The client, a truck driver at the time, was walking from his parked truck toward the truck stop showers using a clearly marked crosswalk. As he was walking across the crosswalk, a speeding drunk driver ran him over.