Catastrophic Injury Attorneys
Fighting to Recover Compensation for Personal Injury Victims with Catastrophic Injuries
Catastrophic injuries radically transform someone’s life for the worse. They tend to involve permanent incapacitation, disfigurement, disability, or even death. Victims with catastrophic injuries may no longer be able to work or enjoy life the way they used to. If this describes your situation, we want you to know there is no amount of money that can make you whole. That does not mean you are not entitled to adequate compensation for your injuries. Our catastrophic injury lawyers will work tirelessly and aggressively to pursue every dollar you deserve.
At Potts Law Firm, we spare no expense when preparing a case, especially when the stakes are this high. With over $1 billion recovered for our clients, our power and results speak for themselves. We understand how to strategically approach these matters and can source the expert testimony required to properly value your claim, prove liability, and win. Whether you were injured in a car accident, boating accident, or premises liability accident, our team will leave no stone unturned and be there to support you as you navigate this unimaginably difficult time.
You owe our firm no fees unless we secure compensation, so call (888) 420-1299 or contact us online to schedule a free initial consultation today. We offer same-day appointments and provide our services in English and Spanish.
What Are Common Types of Catastrophic Injuries?
An injury is typically considered “catastrophic” if it confers lifelong consequences that limit someone’s ability to work and/or enjoy their life. They are generally caused by a single incident, often an accident resulting from another party’s negligence.
Examples of catastrophic injuries include:
- Amputations (loss of one or more limbs)
- Birth injuries
- Loss of hearing or sight
- Neurological damage
- Nerve damage
- Spinal cord and neck injuries
- Traumatic brain injuries
What Are the Common Causes of Catastrophic Injuries?
Any person that is in the wrong place at the wrong time can sustain a catastrophic injury. While we often associate these tragic consequences with fiery incidents, even a seemingly minor accident, such as a slip and fall in a grocery store, can result in a catastrophic injury under certain, unfortunate circumstances.
Our catastrophic injury attorneys are prepared to represent you if you were seriously hurt in a:
- Vehicular accident. Any vehicular collision, especially those involving buses, boats, and trucks, has the potential to cause catastrophic injuries. Motorcyclists, bicyclists, and pedestrians are especially vulnerable in an accident. Driver negligence is not always to blame: Auto defects can also lead to devastating crashes.
- Construction, industrial, oil field, or offshore accident. Construction, industrial, and oil field workers are subject to inherently dangerous conditions that often involve heavy machinery, great heights, chemicals, and other hazards. Despite a greater level of regulatory oversight in recent years, serious accidents are still a common occurrence.
- Medical malpractice incident. We trust our medical providers to provide accurate diagnoses and live up to an accepted standard of care. When a provider fails to live up to this standard and acts negligently, catastrophic injuries can result. Misdiagnosis, a failure to diagnose, prescribing the incorrect type or an inappropriate dosage of medication, or failing to act appropriately during surgery or when rendering care can all lead to these tragic, avoidable outcomes.
- Nursing home abuse incident. Elderly loved ones can suffer catastrophic injuries while living in long-term care facilities due to neglect or malicious conduct perpetrated by staff.
- Premises liability accident. When you suffer catastrophic injuries on someone else’s property due to the property owner’s negligence, you may have a premises liability claim against the property owner. Slips and falls, dog bites, swimming pool accidents, and amusement park accidents all fall under premises liability law.
- Sports incident. Professional athletes often sustain catastrophic injuries over the course of their careers. In certain situations, coaches, organizations, staff members, and/or other players could be held accountable for avoidable injuries that were caused or worsened by negligent or reckless conduct.
What Types of Compensation Can I Recover for Catastrophic Injuries in a Personal Injury Lawsuit?
A personal injury lawsuit is meant to help you get money to cover both out-of-pocket, practical expenses as well as more intangible losses. To recover any compensation, you must file a lawsuit before your state’s pertinent statute of limitations expires. The exact time limit varies by the type of accident (the rules for auto accidents differ from medical malpractice, for example), so it is a good idea to get legal advice as soon as you learn you have suffered a catastrophic injury.
Because catastrophic injuries generally confer lifelong impacts, it is paramount that you determine the appropriate value of your claim. A permanent disability will typically require a life care plan tailored to your unique circumstances, and you must ensure you get the full amount needed to cover your medical bills and other expenses. Experts will often be needed to both establish liability and accurately calculate damages.
Our catastrophic injury lawyers will work to get you maximum compensation for:
- Past, current, and future medical expenses
- Reduced earning capacity
- Lost wages
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Loss of consortium
- Pain and suffering
- All other out-of-pocket expenses
At Potts Law Firm, it’s all about our clients. We have the experience, resources, and drive required to win these cases, so call (888) 420-1299 or contact us online today.
“They were able to complete it in a timely manner and were great at keeping me up to date with communication throughout the entire process. I highly recommend using this law firm if the need arises.”- Stephen P.
“Michael Bins has been extremely helpful in helping us to navigate a situation with an insurance claim on a commercial property. He’s gone above and beyond in moving our case toward a positive resolution that we’re satisfied with.”- Theo C.
“They know the law from every angle, dig deep, and will not accept anything less than what was asked in the original suit. The Potts team never backed down until the case was settled in full.”- Molly H.