Universal Health Services, Inc. Litigation
Universal Health Services, Inc., a Philadelphia-based company, is the country’s largest for-profit mental-health services provider and is valued by Wall Street at over $11 billion. Their psychiatric hospitals have an operating margin of 27%, which helped them profit more than $680 million last year.
Recent reports have revealed eye-opening inspection data regarding the giant mental-health hospital chain. Of the 154 Universal Health Services hospitals receiving taxpayer money to treat the poor and elderly, over a quarter (44) have been cited for dangerously poor care or unsafe conditions between 2012 and mid-2015. These unsafe conditions and poor care have led to infection risks, patient trauma, patient suicides, and more.
The company’s largest market is Texas, having 26 facilities – half of which have been found to have safety breaches. Violations have been so abhorrent that several hospitals have faced being removed from the Medicare and Medicaid programs, which combined make up more than one-third of Universal Health’s funding for psychiatric patients.
Potts Law Firm is currently litigating on behalf of mental-health victims harmed by Universal Health Services, Inc. If you or someone you know has been the victim of hospital negligence, mistreatment, or any form of medical malpractice, it is important to have an experienced attorney on your side. Potts Law Firm has the resources and knowledge to evaluate your case both legally and medically with our staff of highly accredited medical malpractice lawyers, medical directors, and physicians. Contact us today to schedule your free consultation.
- Bodily Injury and/or Death
- Permanent Disfigurement
- Permanent Impairment
- Permanent Disability
- Medical Liens
- Lost Wages
- Out of Pocket Expenses
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Which Texas Universal Health Services facilities have serious care violations?
The Texas Universal Health Services facilities flagged by federal health regulators for having serious care violations are as follows:
- Northwest Texas Hospital, Amarillo
- Texoma Medical Center, Denison, and its affiliated TMC Behavioral Health Center, Sherman
- Hickory Trails Hospital in DeSoto
- Austin Lakes Hospital, Austin
- Austin Oaks Hospital, Austin
- Timberlawn Mental Health System, Dallas
- Kingwood Pines Hospital, Kingwood
- Cypress Creek Hospital, Houston
- El Paso Behavioral Health System, El Paso
- Millwood Hospital, Arlington
- West Oaks Hospital, Houston
- Glen Oaks Hospital, Greenville
- River Crest Hospital, San Angelo
What are common examples of Medical Malpractice?
A few common examples of medical malpractice include:
- Misinterpretation of lab results
- Unnecessary or wrong site surgery
- Improper medication
- Poor follow up care
- Premature discharge from healthcare facility
- Failure to order proper test or recognize symptoms, and disregarding patient history.
Contact our medical malpractice attorneys for more information today.
What are the statistics surrounding Medical Malpractice?
- Nearly 50% of malpractice trials were against surgeons in 75 of the largest counties in the U.S.
- Nearly 33% of malpractice trials were against non-surgeons in 75 of the largest counties in the U.S.
- An estimated 25% of practicing physicians are sued annually
- An estimated 50% to 65% of physicians are sued at least once during their career
- 191,804 medical malpractice reports were made to the National Practitioner Databank regarding physicians in the U.S. between 1990 and 2004
- The most commonly sued specialty in medical malpractice cases is internal medicine
- The least sued specialties in medical malpractice cases include dermatology at 1%, HIV/infectious disease at 1%, and allergy and clinical immunology at 0.4%.
- The most common reason for medical malpractice lawsuits is failure to diagnose at 35%, followed by failure to treat at 17%, informed consent at 4%, and various others making up the rest.
Looking to find out more about Universal Health Services, INC. Litigation? Contact Potts Law Firm today by calling (888) 420-1299 for your free consultation.
“They were able to complete it in a timely manner and were great at keeping me up to date with communication throughout the entire process. I highly recommend using this law firm if the need arises.”- Stephen P.
“Michael Bins has been extremely helpful in helping us to navigate a situation with an insurance claim on a commercial property. He’s gone above and beyond in moving our case toward a positive resolution that we’re satisfied with.”- Theo C.
“They know the law from every angle, dig deep, and will not accept anything less than what was asked in the original suit. The Potts team never backed down until the case was settled in full.”- Molly H.