Tips to Avoid Pedestrian Accidents
Our tips for avoiding auto-pedestrian accidents include:
- Be predictable. Follow the rules of the road and obey signs and signals.
- Walk on sidewalks whenever they are available. If there is no sidewalk, walk facing traffic and as far from traffic as possible.
- Always keep alert. Do not be distracted by electronic devices that take your eyes (and ears) off the road.
- Whenever possible, cross streets at crosswalks or intersections, where drivers expect pedestrians. Look for cars in all directions, including those turning left or right.
- If a crosswalk or intersection is not available, locate a well-lit area where you have the best view of traffic. Wait for a gap in traffic that allows enough time to cross safely and continue watching for traffic as you cross.
- Never assume a driver sees you. Make eye contact with drivers as they approach to make sure you are seen.
- Always be visible. Wear bright clothing during the day and wear reflective materials or use a flashlight at night.
- Watch for cars entering or exiting driveways or backing up in parking lots.
If you or a loved one have been injured in a pedestrian accident, contact us online or call (888) 420-1299 to schedule a free consultation.
“They were able to complete it in a timely manner and were great at keeping me up to date with communication throughout the entire process. I highly recommend using this law firm if the need arises.”- Stephen P.
“Michael Bins has been extremely helpful in helping us to navigate a situation with an insurance claim on a commercial property. He’s gone above and beyond in moving our case toward a positive resolution that we’re satisfied with.”- Theo C.
“From the first meeting, Adam made me feel like he had my best interest at heart and took care of everything. I can't say enough good things about how helpful, professional, and caring Adam was to me.”- Mary H.