The experience you need and the dedication you deserve
Turn to seasoned attorneys to protect you and your loved ones. Get the help you need now.
Essure is an implantable medical device intended to serve as a permanent form of birth control, similar to having your “tubes tied” or tubal ligation. Essure coils are placed into a woman’s fallopian tubes through vaginal insertion without surgical incision or anesthesia. Over time, scar tissue builds over the coils to create a permanent wall or barrier in the fallopian tubes, thus preventing fertilization. Women often chose Bayer’s Essure implant because the minimally invasive procedure could be performed without the risk of surgery in a physician’s office.
The FDA has received thousands of complaints from women who were injured from Essure. In September 2017, Bayer announced the halt of Essure sales in all countries outside the United States. In July 2018, Bayer announced it would no longer sell Essure in the United States after December 31, 2018.
The Potts Law Firm represents women who have suffered injuries from Essure, the permanent birth control implant sold by Bayer Pharmaceuticals. Our Firm has the resources and knowledge to evaluate your Essure claim both legally and medically with our staff of highly accredited lawyers, medical directors, and physicians. If you or a woman you know are interested in receiving more information concerning the Essure lawsuit, contact The Potts Law Firm to schedule a free consultation with one of our personal injury and medical device attorneys.
Women with Essure implants are at a ten times risk of additional surgery. Many women suffered severe complications which may include:
- Ectopic Pregnancy
- Chronic Pelvic Pain
- Allergic Reaction/Hypersensitivity
- Migraine Headaches
- Autoimmune Response
- Perforation – the device may perforate or tear into other organs of the pelvis and abdomen such as the uterus and colon. This can result in significant injury, infection, sepsis, and even death. Individuals who suffer from perforation may require lengthy hospitalizations and surgery that may include removal of the uterus(hysterectomy), fallopian tubes, ovaries, or intestines.
- Migration – the device may migrate within the fallopian tube resulting in damage and decreased efficacy.
- Device Breakage – the device may fracture or break resulting in damage to the surrounding tissues and may require surgical removal.
- Ectopic Pregnancy – many women suffered an ectopic or tubal pregnancy. These can be life threatening events that may require surgical intervention and hospitalization.
- Chronic Pelvic Pain – since the device relies upon scarring, many women suffer chronic pelvic pain after implantation.
- Allergic Reaction/Hypersensitivity – some women suffer from an increased hypersensitivity and reaction to the materials of the device.
- Migraine Headaches – some women suffer from migraine headaches after implantation.
- Autoimmune Response – some women suffer from an autoimmune response that may include rashes, hair loss, fatigue, and weight fluctuations.
According to Essure’s website, the insert is made of materials that include polyester fibers, nickel, titanium, platinum, silver-tin, and stainless steel.
At The Potts Law Firm, we can evaluate your Essure claim both legally and medically. Our on-site medical director will review your medical records, product information, and other treatment records to help determine if your injuries could lead to a compensable claim against the Essure manufacturer.
This means The Potts Law Firm will work on your case and advance the expenses of litigation. We will not charge you for attorney fees or expenses unless we win your case.