Discrimination (Age, Gender, Race)
The experience you need and the dedication you deserve
Turn to seasoned attorneys to protect you and your loved ones. Get the help you need now.
Texas employment law prohibits discriminatory practices against workers belonging to a protected class. Legal action can be taken against employers who discriminate against their employees. The Potts Law Firm seeks to help workers who have suffered discriminatory treatment based on factors such as age, gender, and race. Discrimination in the workplace can take multiple forms, and the Potts Law Firm can help you take legal action against your employer for unethical and discriminatory behavior.
The Potts Law Firm attorneys represent clients through all stages of litigation of employment claims. Our attorneys are dedicated to ensuring fair treatment across all professions and at all employment levels. As advocates for labor fairness, our goal is to protect your rights against injustice in the workplace. If you believe you’ve been the victim of discrimination in your workplace, contact The Potts Law Firm today to discuss your rights and to schedule your free consultation.
Legal remedies may be made for the following discrimination damages:
- Compensatory Damages
- Punitive Damages
- Liquidated Damages
It depends on how many employees your workplace employs:
- At least one employee:Your employer must abide by the law that requires employers to provide equal pay for equal work to male and female employees.
- 15 to 19 employees:You are covered by the laws that prohibit discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, disability and genetic information(including family medical history). You are also covered by the law that requires employers to provide equal pay for equal work.
- 20 or more employees:Your employer must abide by the laws that prohibit discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age (40 or older), disability and genetic information (including family medical history). Your employer must also abide by the law that requires employers to provide equal pay for equal work.
State and/or local employment discrimination laws may also apply. If you have been the victim of workplace discrimination, you should contact The Potts Law Firm to discuss your options.
Age discrimination occurs when an employer makes employment decisions based on an employee’s age, either young or old. An employer cannot typically promote, hire or fire an employee based solely on their age. If you believe you’ve suffered damages due to age discrimination in the workplace, contact The Potts Law Firm to discuss your rights as an employee.
There are many different kinds of injuries that are handled by personal injury lawyers and some lawyers specialize in certain types of cases. The most common kinds of personal injury claims include the following:
- Traffic accidents involving cars and trucks (which can also include motorcycle accidents and bus collisions)
- Work-related accidents (including those that involve workers’ compensation or workman’s compensation claims)
- Slip and fall accidents
- Injuries suffered as a result of an assault
- Accidents occurring in someone’s home
- Product liability (defective product manufacture or design defects)
- Medical malpractice claims (negligence by doctors, medical staff, dental accidents which can also include injuries to the brain, head, and spine, and to children during child birth)
- Toxic torts or industrial disease claims, such as injuries resulting from asbestos, mesothelioma, lead poisoning, chest related diseases (which includes emphysema, pneumoconiosis, silicosis, chronic bronchitis, asthma, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, and chronic obstructive airways disease)
- Job-related stress disorders (such as deafness, occupational stress, contact dermatitis, and repetitive strain injuries such as carpal tunnel syndrome)
This means that the law firm will work on your case and usually advance the expenses of litigation, but will not charge you unless and until they recover money damages for you.