Theft and Vandalism

The experience you need and the dedication you deserve

Turn to seasoned attorneys to protect you and your loved ones. Get the help you need now.

Few things are more invasive than having your personal property stolen or intentionally damaged by others. Not only does loss due to theft or vandalism cause financial damage, but also a loss of sentiments you may never be able to fully replace. Victims of these crimes are typically insured from loss under their property insurance but, as with many agreements, there are bound to be disputes in some instances.

If you’ve experienced damage to your property due to theft or vandalism and your insurance company has underpaid or denied compensation of your claim, contact one of our experienced insurance attorneys to evaluate your case. The consultation is free, and you pay nothing unless we secure a successful result for you.

  • Property loss or damage
  • Additional living expense due to property loss or damage
  • Loss or damage to personal belongings
  • Vehicle loss or damage
Frequently Asked Questions
What are common disputes policyholders face when filing a theft and vandalism insurance claim?

When filing a theft and vandalism claim, policyholders may experience some of the following issues with their insurance companies:

  • Establishing ownership rights of stolen or destroyed property
  • Insurers requiring receipts for proof of purchase of stolen or destroyed property
  • Proving the residence was not vacant at the time of loss
Why should I seek counsel from an insurance attorney?

Seeking counsel from an insurance attorney is essential when resolving an insurance dispute. Insurance attorneys possess the knowledge to interpret insurance contract language while also considering their knowledge of insurance laws. If you find yourself facing an insurance provider who’s promised coverage but has denied or underpaid your insurance claim, it is important to speak to an attorney who can help you understand your rights.

My claim was denied, or only partial repairs were given. What do I do now?

If you’ve contacted your insurance company regarding an insurance claim and have been denied or underpaid, you should immediately:

  • Document all conversations and interactions between you and your insurance provider/agent
  • Keep a file of all documents/photos of damages so you can preserve evidence of your loss.
  • Contact an insurance attorney

You may be entitled to more compensation than originally offered by your insurance company. With detailed claim information and review of your policy documents, an insurance attorney can determine if you have a case.

What are common recoveries that result from insurance litigation?
  • Actual Damages
  • Interest from the date that you should have been paid
  • Penalties (imposed on the insurer) under the Insurance Code for knowingly underpaying or denying a claim
  • Attorney fees
Have a question?